Objectives and Outcomes
The objectives of the grant opportunity are to:
- support eligible child care services in disadvantaged and vulnerable communities to transition to and operate viably under the new child care system
- support the longer-term sustainability of eligible child care services.
The intended outcomes of the grant opportunity are:
- child care services operating in disadvantaged and vulnerable communities are able to address (or have increased capacity to address) community level barriers to child care participation
- increased number of children from vulnerable or disadvantaged families and communities accessing child care
- increased sustainability of child care services operating in disadvantaged communities experiencing viability issues, including in areas with fluctuating and/or low short-term demand
- increased availability of child care places in disadvantaged communities with high unmet demand through capital works projects.
CCCF Round 2
The second CCCF open competitive grant opportunity opened on 8 March 2019 and closed on 5 April 2019. Funding awarded under this round will help child care services in CCCF priority areas, as well as In Home Care services, to improve access to early learning opportunities for families in their local communities. The Minister for Education announced the outcomes for this grant opportunity in August 2019. Funding will be made available for successful applicants from October 2019.
CCCF Round 1
The first funding round for the CCCF open competitive grant opportunity opened and closed in late 2017, with this process now finalised. The Minister for Education announced the outcomes for this CCCF grant opportunity in April 2018. Funding was made available for successful applicants from July 2018.
Future CCCF open competitive grant opportunities
This grant opportunity and process is administered by the Community Grants Hub on behalf of the Department. Child care services interested in future CCCF grant rounds are encouraged to subscribe to receive alerts when new information is made available.
Future CCCF grant opportunities are published on GrantConnect, the Australian Government grants information system.