The department uses the Australian Statistical Geography Standard Statistical Area 2 level(SA2) mesh block for the purpose of identifying the priority areas. The priority areas list is based on Australian Early Development Census (AEDC), Socio-Economic Indexes for Areas (SEIFA) and Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) remoteness and population data.
Instructions for locating the SA2 where a service operates
You can visit the ABS website to find out the name of the SA2 area your service operates in:
- Go to the Census Geography Map Selection page.
- Select the '2016' option under 'Census year'
- Select the 'AddressSearch' option under 'Advanced search'.
- Enter the full address of the service and press 'Go'.
- In the 'results' field, scroll down and select the 'Statistical Areas Level 2(SA2)' option.
The name of the SA2 area and the boundary line will be displayed above the 'Statistical Areas Level 2(SA2)' text in the 'Results' and the boundary of the SA2 will be highlighted on the map.